Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Totally worth it!!

The time we spend here in haiti is short, but the experiences last a lifetime.

Ray and I were the only O.R. crew for two days, during that time we did 23 cases ranging from Femoral external fixators to c-sections. On Monday we welcomed a O.R. trained nurse and an ortho scrub tech, however during the next two days the scrub tech was not around the facility. He was able to go abroad with the surgeon he came with to do cases at other facilities in the port-au- prince area. This left myself as the ONLY scrub tech in the Medishare hospital. Pretty busy!!

Tonight I was waiting line for some dinner when a STAT C-section came in, so much for dinner!! within 5 minutes I had scrubbed in and pulled instruments, I had never even met the surgeon. Talk about pressure!! I was literally sweating bullets. The patient was fine and the baby was a beautiful boy!! SUCCESS!!

That is why I do what I do.........miracles happen every day

I LOVE MY JOB.


D

No comments:

Post a Comment