Friday, April 23, 2010

The end.

I am writing on the last night I will be in Haiti. A whole week has gone by and I can't believe how fast and amazing my time here has been. While here I have felt the whole range of emotion which for me is not usual. I started my week in the ICU and after two days moved to the med surg tent where I stayed for the rest of the week. Each day I was overwhelmed with the needs of the pts, the heat, stress, pain and crazyness that was common place there. I can't say enough for the staff I worked with.It was a honor to be able to work along side for a whole week the same people. The nurses who ran their buts off. The doctors who gave the most caring, attentive and best care anyone could be expected to do with the resources they had. I have made friends and will miss them. The pts and family have truely bless me and I will not soon forget their faces or ability to make me smile. I have many stories I could tell but not the energy to tell. Only to say I didn't for one moment regret coming here and hope and pray this will not be the last time I am able to be apart of this type of experience.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment